The day that Einstein feared is here

Having coffee with friends.

A day at the beach.

Cheering on your team.

Having dinner out with your friends.

Out on an intimate date.

Having a conversation with your BFF.

A visit to the museum.

Enjoying the sights.

...

13 Responses to The day that Einstein feared is here

1. Debbie in Reno, NV says:

Einstein was right on. I wonder how Richard Feynman who wrote ‘There’s plenty of room at the bottom’ http://www.zyvex.com/nanotech/feynman.html and ‘Surely you must be joking Mr. Feynman’ http://buffman.net/ebooks/Richard_P_Feynman-Surely_Youre_Joking_Mr_Feynman_v5.pdf
    would have reacted to the impact of technology on today’s society.

Others have commented in the past such as W.C. Fields and his famous quote:
    ‘There’s a sucker born every minute.’

and now:

‘There’s a iSucker to succor the masses.’

Thank you for sharing Drayton!

2. Hello Drayton

I have placed a link to this post on Flying Solo so don’t be surprised if you see a traffic spike from Australia… a picture is indeed worth 1,000 words

3. A sub-race of cyber-autistics.

4. I wonder if the kids actually realize that they are not talking? I think I will fwd this post on to my grandkids. Some adults could do with it too! thanks, it’s great!

5. Kevin Dawson says:

I think it’s clear: the public school system has educated our children to the point of imbecility.

• Butch Lawson says:

A brilliant observation and expertly stated! I’m stealing your thought, but will give you credit. It is now among my favorite quotes, Mr. Dawson!

• kdough says:

Interesting how everyone these days jumps to blaming everything on the public school system. How about taking a look at Mom and Dad and society as a whole?

• admin says:

Couldn’t agree more. Though I suspect that the trouble began with the values the parents were taught, not just at schools but at home – and especially the sort of things the media hold up as valuable.

6. R. Michael lawrence says:

There is a lot that can be said about the advent of this type of technology. I know this well because I see it everyday at work. At the musuem many of the employees are technically competant but they are basically illiterate! It is really amazing–they can do thier iPads and “smart” phones, and all of the other supposedly “neat” technological things that you now need to be able to operate at work. But they just do not know anything. I cannot carry on any sort of conversation about literature, or history, or philosophy– or much of anything else. It is all what is on TV, the latest movie, the newest electronic gadget that is curently on the market–nothing of any substance whatsoever.

7. Rezbi says:

I’m so used to the text being under the picture I was reading it wrong.

Yes, I know the pictures match the words above them, but I’m an idiot and am used to what I’m used to.

8. Bill says:

As a great author (remember, the guys who wrote those things…what are they called….oh yeah, “books”) once said:

“These truly are the Crazy Years.”

I just hope I can die (preferably of old age) before the wheels come completely off our insane society.

9. Lena says:

So a rare condition but never the less a difficult condition
    to treat, ann interesting condition. Anytime a new business idea is generated, there aree some legal steps to follow in starting the business.
    For, case iin point when you are fuctioning on webinar over thee week of Christmas and do not want you webinar
    enjoying on Christmas Eve and Xmas Day you will have
    the option to create a blackout.